Online & Advance Ticket Ordering
Starting with the 2013-14 season, GEMS has implemented a full-fledged professional ticketing system. Among its features are:
- ability for patrons to order tickets online, by mail, by phone, or purchase at the door
- payment by all major credit cards (including American Express and Discover), check, or cash
- General Admission or Reserved Seating (whereby by patrons may choose their own seats by clicking on an online venue map or over the phone)
- any number of ticket price classes and discounts (regular, senior, student, society member, etc.)
- tickets may be "printed-at-home" just like an airline boarding pass, or mailed, or held at the door
- ability to create special promotional codes that provide a discount to selected constituencies or for last-minute sales
- ability to create subscription or similar "packages" that offer a discount for multiple event purchases
- tickets (printed by GEMS or print-at-home) include your name, contact info, and producer credits. Print-at-home tickets can include advertising for upcoming concerts or any other message you wish
- tickets printed by GEMS are produced on a thermal printing device as used by Carnegie Hall, NYC Ballet, etc. to produce a professional-looking ticket, stub, and receipt
- beginning in Spring, 2014, all tickets will be scanned at the door, producing a report of actual attendees
- complete post-concert report showing sales by ticket type, discount coupons used, revenue, names and emails (and addresses if tickets mailed or ordered online)
Our fees are $175 to $450 per season, based on your organization's annual budget and number of concerts. This includes a web page on the GEMS website with your logo and information (sample) and a listing of your event in our "Upcoming Events" section. We also charge a small processing fee to the patron (much lower than Ticketmaster, or Met Opera, or similar) to cover credit card costs and processing; we withhold 5% of the ticket price forwarded to you to cover service fees. We mail tickets to patrons up to one week before your event. After that, we forward the list of "will call" orders and tickets to you. If you engage GEMS for Concert Services (below), we bring the tickets and staff a "will call" desk in the lobby.
Checks for advance sales are mailed to you on a regular basis prior to the event.
Click here to order online ticketing
We provide mature, well-dressed staff for ticket, CD and merchandise sales, ushers and house managers, and backstage hands as well as signage to help make your concert run smoothly. We bring a cash box, a large supply of cash, and electronic credit card "swiper" for very fast processing to minimize waiting in line. You receive a complete report of ticket and merchandise sales within days of your event. Fees are $30 - $40/hour per person based on your organization's annual budget. Commission of 20% applies to merchandise sales (includes credit card fees). Depending on the event, some of our staff may serve on a volunteer basis.
It is desirable, but not necessary, to have an electrical outlet within 100 feet of the ticket sales area.
Click here to email our Operations Manager Paul Ross to order front of house services
Click below for a sample of our Concert Services Agreement and Consignment Form.
Concert Services Agreement Consignment Form